This app allows a property manager to provide timely customer service by allowing tenants to submit maintenance requests. Special features enable the tenant to include photos and comments. An automatic notification of the request is sent to the landlord.
Two partner apps provide additional functionality: 1) app for repair persons to document repairs and 2) app for landlord to see requests and repairs in tandem.
Allows a property manager to assign and schedule maintenance requests.
We built this app using Google Sheets and AppSheet.com.
1. Since this app uses the same data as the Maintenance Repair app, we simply copied the Maintenance Repair app and adjusted the format for the Maintenance Overview purpose.
2. In the Maintenance table we verified that our primary Maintenance table had the proper settings, i.e. we removed the repair field requirements.
3. This app is very similar to the Maintenance Repair app, so there were very few changes.
4. This app will primarily be used to assign requests to Repair Persons and to set a Schedule Date for the repair.
5. In addition, it provides two overview perspectives of maintenance activity.
6. We created a Status view with a building icon. It lists the records by priority, status, and unit number.
7. Next, we created a Priority view with a graph icon. This chart displays the request counts by priority.
8. That's it. Now you have online and real-time information.
Choose a Sheet
To find the ID of a sheet, go to the Smartsheet site, open the Properties of the sheet, and copy the ID property.